strip1

About

The landscape viewed from the Water Tower

The Kfar Saba Water Plant was established in 1931 as a cooperative association and has been functioning ever since as the city’s major water supplier. The plant has been diligently working to ensure the inhabitants of the city enjoy a supply of high quality water and sees great importance in promoting water conservation and in raising environmental awareness among all sections of the society.

As part of our partnership with the city community and in order to promote the well-being of the residents, the plant established this educational and experiential visitor center at the Kfar Saba Water Tower compound. The center’s primary objective is to convey moral themes while addressing topics of high importance such as water and environment conservation that are nowadays at the center of attention of both the educational system and the general public.

Rivka Harissan – Managing Director |  Yitzhak Yoel, Chairman

 

Kfar Saba - Water Tower

Kfar Saba - Water Tower

we found water- history

In the early days of settlement in Kfar Saba, the presence of high quality water in high quantities was an unknown fact. In the early twentieth century, the town’s first settlers had to bring water in from a water well found in the nearby settlement of Kfar Malal. Needless to say, an establishment of a residential settlement let alone an agricultural one was impossible under these conditions, and so the settlers were forced to abandon Kfar Saba. It was not until the early 1920′s when Kfar Saba had finally excavated its first water well, bringing the settlement back to life. The next two decades brought about the excavation of many new wells. During the period of water well excavations the Kfar Saba Water Plant was founded (in the late 1920′s), centralizing and unifying the water supply system for the entire settlement. The city’s first well is on Weizmann Street – in the Kfar Saba City Hall courtyard, which served as an area where local workers used to take their recess.

The water plant- cooperative association

The water plant was established in 1931 as a cooperative association. The plant invests in constantly improving the water supply apparatus while guarding sufficient reserves required for future improvements. This fact helped create a municipal water system that is now considered as one the most developed systems in Israel in terms of maintaining and supplying drinking water. This advanced system enables water distribution even in the case of malfunction or power outage as well is in case of an emergency. Furthermore, Kfar Saba is able to provide water to its neighboring towns, essential in emergency situations.

The founders of the plant who had been men and women of vision and foresight, alongside the managers and workers of the plant, had all joined hands in realizing and maintaining a healthy, thriving water infrastructure that to this day serves as a model for others.


Want to see images from our past and our present? enter to our gallery page. Have fun!

http://www.water-tower.co.il/en/wp-content/themes/presstwo